VSLib – An Open Source Library automation / management software, developed by VS-Family.ORG for use by libraries. It is in primitive stage of development and is expected to meet immediate requirements of libraries planning to bring their collections online. The software is developed using:
- Java Technologies
- Hibernate (for back end requirements)
- Hibernate Search + Apache Lucene (for Full text indexing and searching)
- Spring (Java Based Framework)
- Spring Security for Authentication and Access Control
The modules covered are:
- Cataloguing Module – for adding and maintaining document records.
- WebOPAC Module – for searching and retrieval of information about the contents.
- Circulation Module – for addition of patrons, check-in / check-out of documents.
- Report Module – for generating html / MS-Excel based reports on documents, patrons, circulation activities, etc.
- Setup Module – for setting of various prerequisite parameters.
- Manager Module – exclusively used by the Librarians for all managerial activities.
We will be glad to extends remote assistance for the installation of the software. In case you find it difficult to install it on your own please send an email to email@example.com.